Saunders Group are pleased to announce that our Joint Venture with CDM Smith (Germany) has been awarded the Contract for Design and Supervision of the Kutaisi Waste Water Treatment Plant and complementing upgrade of the city Waste Water network.
The Project will be carried out for the Client United Water Supply Company Georgia, and is financed by the European Investment Bank.
The aim of the project is to provide the people of Kutaisi with a state of the art Waste Water Treatment Plant, which will improve the local conditions particularly by ensuring that water discharged into the Rioni river is cleaned to EU standards. The upgrading of the city sewage network will ensure that all residences and businesses in the city and its environs are connected to the network, and that the upgraded system will be environmentally and ecologically sound.
The Consortium is led by CDM Smith, with Saunders Group as junior partner. CDM will lead the Design activities with local support from Saunders Group for the following Activities:
- Set up of a Sewerage System Master Plan (update of Feasibility Study input parameters)
- Surveying of topography and existing infrastructure Networks
- Sewage Network Model and Design
- Preliminary Design of Waste Water Treatment Plant
Saunders Group, in parallel with supporting CDM Smith in these activities, is responsible for the Environmental Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
Together CDM and Saunders will assist the Client with the procurement of Works, tendering and assist in Bid review and Contractor selection.
Finally, we will conduct the Supervision of the works through to Contract Completion and the subsequent Defect Notification Period. These activities will involve the following activities:
- Review and approval of the Contractor’s proposal for materials and methodology
- On site monitoring of the Contractor’s activities on a daily basis
- Identification of any deficiencies in the Contractor’s works and instructions for their correction, and maintenance of a defect tracking system to ensure all items are corrected in a timely manner
- Review and approval of the Contractor’s claims for payment
- Provision of solutions for unforeseen problems encountered during the execution of the project
- Review of any Contractor design, proposals for variations or claims
Together with our partners at CDM Smith, we look forward to providing the people of Kutaisi with a modern sewage network and Waste Water Treatment Plant, which will significantly improve the quality of life of the inhabitants of the City.